We are open for business and continue to offer a full range of legal services. Our local approachable experts are here to support you.
|Name||Our Fees||Other Costs|
Grant of Representation Application
(Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration)
|£575 + VAT||Probate Registry Fee £273|
Full Estate Administration
|Written estimate upon receipt of details of estate (details below)|
The price, depending on complexity and the overall value of the estate, for a standard Probate, average between £1,000 and £10,000 + VAT for estates that are uncontested and have UK assets only.
This is based on an hourly charging rate, depending on time spent working on your case. Our charging rates vary between £150 - £200 depending on the level of fee earner dealing with your case. Letters and telephone calls are charged at 1/10th of the hourly rate.
A basic probate with a small number of accounts and beneficiaries will fall at the lower end of the scale above, whilst more complex estates involving multiple accounts and beneficiaries will be towards the higher end of the scale.
Other expenses (disbursements) may include the following:
- Probate Court fee of £273
- £1.50 for each office copy of the grant required (1 per asset usually)
- £3 plus VAT HM Land Registry official copy entry
- £2 bankruptcy search
- £5 plus VAT for electronic ID search
- HM Land Registry registration fees based on scales and the value and status of the property
- Other third party costs will be advised as required, e.g. accountant’s fee for potential income tax return, statutory advertisement fee to advertise for unknown creditors, asset tracing fee
- There may be additional third party costs for lost share certificates and share registrar and/or sale agent fees on transfer or sale of the shares
- S27 Advertisements in the London Gazette and a local newspaper in from £150 - £300 depending on the local newspaper advertising costs.
- Stockbroker fees - £25 - £150 depending on the number of shareholdings to be dealt with.