Wills & Probate

Court of Protection Solicitors in Bridgend and Rhondda Cynon Taff

If a person is no longer able to make their own decisions or deal with their own affairs, then it is important that someone close to them is able to act on their behalf and in their best interests.

Anyone can lose mental capacity, be it through illnesses such as Alzheimers or dementia, or brain injury, alcohol or drug misuse, side effects from medical treatment, or other illness or disability.

If someone loses mental capacity and does not have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place, then the Court of Protection can appoint someone (usually a family member) as a ‘Deputy’ to deal with things for them.

Devonalds can provide expert advice on the steps involved and practical assistance with completing the necessary forms for any Court of Protection application. We have helped many families across South Wales through this often difficult process and can help to ensure you are able to look after your loved one at their time of need.

To get things started contact your local Devonalds office and speak to one of our expert Court of Protection solicitors. We have offices across Rhondda Cynon Taff at Talbot Green, Tonypandy, Tylorstown, Pontypridd and a brand new office at Bridgend. We can even come out to your home if necessary.